[sylpheed:31180] Re: Sylpheed 2.4.0 (stable) released

John Gateley sylpheed at jfoo.net
Sat Apr 21 22:56:28 JST 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:27:49 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The official stable version Sylpheed 2.4.0 (2.4.0-win32) has been
> released.

Two problems:

1 - Crash with the "Has encountered a problem" message. I use SSL IMAP, with
7 accounts open. 6 of the accounts are to the same machine, different logins.
I restarted Sylpheed after the first crash, and it read the first 5 accounts
okay, and crashed after I entered the password for the 6th account. This was
repeatable. I fixed it by hitting "cancel" instead of the password for the
6th account, then rebuilding the folder tree (and entering the password
when asked). I suspect somehow Sylpheed's information on the 6th account
was corrupted.

2 - While trying to track down the first problem, once I started Sylpheed
and while entering passwords for the first 5 accounts, I got a Glib memory
allocation error and the program closed.

I'm going to re-install 2.4.0 now in case my installation has become corrupted.

If there's anything I can do to help track this down, let me know.

Thanks for a great mail client,