[sylpheed:31115] Re: ..Re: [topic 31110]: how to do few things

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Mon Apr 9 23:22:54 JST 2007

"K. G. Ramakrishnan" <kgramakrishnan at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Gergo: In response to your kind advice, I am running version
>2.4.0beta7. I went to the "details" and unchecked the "display tray
>icon". Now that works. In the "other" tab, I wanted the dialog box
>displayed always. But there is no option for notification icon on
>system tray. Please help me with this. Also, for some reason, auto
>receive every 5 mins is not working as well.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know how get the
Sylpheed icon to show in the Notification Area when new mail arrives.
Normally this is set up via Start>Settings>Taskbar&Start Menu. Choose
Customize.  In that, find the Sylpheed icon and click on its behavior
to choose Hide When Inactive (I use Always Show, which allows for
quicker access to Sylpheed when there isn't new mail). Is that what
you're looking for?  Note that there is a known bug in at least XP that
causes this setting to be lost and need to be reset every so often.

One piece of posting ettiquette you may not be aware of is that
normally new posts should be inserted after the one(s) you want to
reply to, rather than before them, and text that's extraneous to the
point should be deleted.

Gene