[sylpheed:30022] Support of the development of Sylpheed by SRA OSS

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Wed Sep 13 07:37:37 ICT 2006

Support of the development of Sylpheed by SRA OSS

The development of Sylpheed will be supported by SRA OSS from now on.
The support consists of the emproyment of me, and the offer of
development resources. Basically I will be involved in Sylpheed
full-time.

Additionally, as a new project, LibSylph project has been started.
It aims at improving the core part, which has been separated as a
library inside Sylpheed, so that it can be distributed and utilized
independently. LibSylph will allow one to easily use the mail-related
features of Sylpheed from various software. LibSylph will be
distributed under LGPL.

Regarding the release schedule, the alpha-version will be made public
during September, and the beta-version during October, and the official
release will be made at the end of October.

I am grateful to Good-Day Inc. for the support of the development of
Sylpheed for a long time.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>