[sylpheed:30020] Re: Filtering Problem

Gil Andre andre.g at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 12 23:04:14 ICT 2006

Hi Gene,

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:44:44 -0500 Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> wrote:
> Does anyone else have a problem filtering messages with "Re:" in the
> subject header?  I have only three filter items set up with that and
> all are under the same general filter heading (e.g., under Outback, Re:
> [outback], Re:[outback] and [outback] Re:).  Most emails end up in the
> right place, but "Re:" messages, including even an Outback one,
> sometimes end up in either in my Inbox or more likely Trash.

Unless I am mistaken, a much better way to do this would to
filter by [outback] and not by "Re:".

Try a filter such as IF Subject CONTAINS [outback] MOVE TO Outback dir.

Or: IF Any Header CONTAINS [outback] MOVE TO Outback dir.

This is how I do things, and I rarely have any problems, with the 12+
mailing lists I have subscribed to.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

--
  __  Gil ANDRE				  gil [at] panix   [dot] com
 (oO) 				andre [dot] g [at] wanadoo [dot] fr