[sylpheed:30261] Re: Encoding problems with external editor

Ricardo Mones ricardo.mones at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 23:06:34 JST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:50:05 +0200
Andres Buehlmann <tastas at gmx.net> wrote:

> I have a problem using an external editor:
> Whenever I use non-ascii characters, they get all screwed up when I
> return from the external editor to Sylpheed. I tested several versions
> of Sylpheed and it turns out that this problem started with version
> 2.1.8. All earlier versions up to 2.1.7 work fine.
> Encoding in the external editor is set to utf-8 and all encoding
> settings within Sylpheed are set to Automatic. I tested several
> external editors and it's all the same.
  Seems you've been hit by this old known bug:

  Ricardo Mones 
  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.          Carl Sagan

More information about the Sylpheed mailing list