[sylpheed:30209] Re: Bcc: missing for sender & receiver

bojster sylpheed at bojster.net
Sat Oct 21 06:52:57 JST 2006

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> I didn't suggest that the Bcc should show up in the header of the
> recipient. Many, if not most programs - and I vaguely recalled in
> Sylpheed 2.2.9 and earlier -- let the receiver know it's a Bcc with text
> in brackets or parentheses within the message itself.  Run a test in
> 2.2.9 and check.  That's an extremely vital piece of information to
> convey to the receiver, and can't be left to the hope that they will
> study the header and deduce they got a Bcc. I discovered the missing
> Bcc sending test messages to myself today, after noticing it wasn't in
> the my copy's header.  I'm using 2.3.0b3 and wanted to alert Hiro to
> the matter.

OK, then I guess I misunderstood you. I did run a test (and I have
already told you some of its results - that BCC is in the header of the
message saved in 'sent'). In 2.2.9 there is absolutely no indication
that a BCC is a BCC (though it's easy to tell by the fact that the
recipient is neither the addressee nor the copy-receiver) and to be
honest I have never seen anything like that (unless you mean, for
example, mailing list's code in square brackets prefixed to the
subject). Why is it important to tell the receiver they got a BCC anyway
(I'm asking out of the curiosity)? Or why is it important to
distinguish CC from BCC in such cases (as it's obvious that when the
receiver doesn't see their address in 'To:', then it's either CC or
BCC)?