[sylpheed:30163] Re: nntp subscribe bug

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Oct 16 00:02:15 JST 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:48:36 -0500
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> wrote:

> Every newsgroup client I've seen works this way (i.e., not a bug).
> After all, each subscription is to one newsgroup.  Are there programs
> that operate otherwise?  I've assumed it works this way as an incentive
> to make users choose what they actually want, since presumably there's
> server overhead involved with repeated downloads, i.e., every time the
> client is opened or the user checks for new messages.

Uhm.. the thing is, that the "parent" newsgroup is a
real newsgroup and not just "part of the hiearchy".

And yes, it's possible to subscribe to it, by limiting
the search to just this one group. But it would be nice
if such a news group could be subscribed just by selecting
it in the view when also the sibling groups can be seen.

			Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu