[sylpheed:30153] Re: Quotes showing as squares

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Fri Oct 13 00:51:28 JST 2006

Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:35:42 -0500 12 Oct 2006 at 10h10, Gene
>Goldenfeld wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>> With 2.3.0 beta2/Win32 and the default character set, quotes,
>> underlines and bullets (and whatever else) in several email
>> newsletters are now showing as a symbol I haven't seen before.  See
>> attachment.
>
>It looks like the result of Microsoft developers thinking sending
>Windows-1252 as ISO-8859-1 is ok. Try to change the codeset to
>Windows-1252...

Yes, in the previous go around I found 1252 solved it. Unfortunately,
there's no way in Sylpheed to change the character set from the default
permanently (the setting in Common Prefs doesn't do it). I was raising
it again today just in case Hiro had tried to fix the way these
characters rendered between 2.2.7 and 2.3.0beta.  Previously they
showed as empty squares.

Gene