[sylpheed:30147] Re: Problems with jpeg picture image attachments

Gil Andre andre.g at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 11 07:24:27 JST 2006

Hi Richard,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:44:17 -0700 Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:

> When I receive a email with jpeg pictures the image contains a blue
> screen in the image about the lower half of the picture. This is
> disturbing because I would like to see the entire picture image. What
> could be causing this? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely, the JPEG image you received was damaged to start with.
Sylpheed -- like many other programs -- tries to decode and display
it, and failing that, fills the part it could not decode properly
with a default color.

I strongly suggest to open the image with your favourite image viewer
(IrfanView for Windows, or xv, gqview or Gimp under Linux, for instance)
and check if the problem is still there, or -- even better -- if the
program returns an error message such as: "Unexpected end of JPEG file"
or some other message. If that's the case, ask the sender to check the
file on his/her end, and send it again back to you.

Hope this helps!

--
  __  Gil ANDRE				  gil [at] panix   [dot] com
 (oO) 				andre [dot] g [at] wanadoo [dot] fr