[sylpheed:30121] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta2 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Oct 5 06:21:37 JST 2006

Cristian Secară <orice at secarica.ro> wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:41:26 -0500, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
>
>> Here are some examples and ones that just clear the end, with a
>> screenshot attached in case they don't come through.
>
>Neither this bug.
>Now I understand what you mean (from your previous description I have
>understand that the last character is not shown, now I see that the
>character is shown, but displayed truncated), but still, I don't see
>here the same.
>Normally I use Arial for message display, but I changed to Courier New
>only for testing this. Still no problem.
>Perhaps there should be an additional condition to trigger this, that
>does not match between our computers.

My setting was Monospace 12, which I think is the default. Yes, Arial
is fine, as is Tahoma.  Those are both non-serif fonts. This time I'm
using New Courier, but for me it shows the same truncation (see below).
Since you are finding differently, maybe it's not a serif font issue.
If they are relevant, my Win XP display settings are XP Modified style,
Clear Type.

 9
 0
 ---