[sylpheed:30115] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta2 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Oct 5 04:11:24 JST 2006

Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Sylpheed 2.3.0beta2 (development version) has been released.
>
>http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/news.html
>http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#development
>
>    * Messages marked as read or junk mails are now excluded from the
>      numbers of new messages.
>    * Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.4, and GLib was updated to 2.12.4.
>    * Win32: The crash that occurred when Desktop folder was selected
>      on the file selection dialog was fixed.
>    * Win32: The bug that window position was reset when quitting
>      Sylpheed while window was hidden was fixed.
>    * Win32: The handling of socket I/O was fixed.

I just switched from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0beta2 Win32. There seems to be a
character spacing bug that was definitely not there a few minutes ago.
That is, while typing in Sylpheed some letters are not quite finishing
onscreen until the next letter or a space is entered. It's as if the
cursor is not moving to the next character or, conversely, the spacing
between characters is not quite set great enough.  In any case, certain
letters show it more than others, and with many letters the cursor is
just clearing the end of the letter.  The worst cases are F, e, T, o, 9,
0.  Anyone else see this?

Gene Goldenfeld