[sylpheed:30470] Re: When use "Update summary"/"Strict checking of... summary caches" ?

Don Koch aardvark at krl.com
Thu Nov 30 23:38:47 JST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:58:28 +0100
Daniel Déchelotte wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here are two things I do semi-regularly with my mails :
>  * delete unneeded attached files
>  * renumber the mails (with "folder -pack" from the nmh package)
>
> I always exit sylpheed before doing so, and restart it afterwards.
> No other applications ever touch my ~/Mail folder.
>
> Do I need to "enable strick checking of the integrity of summary
> caches" to let sylpheed notice the changes? What about forcing it
> to update its summary? I can't figure what those items do.

I use a script that runs nmh's "folder -pack" and then deletes
the .sylpheed_cache file.  Upon re-entry to that folder (you don't need
to quit sylpheed), it will recreate the file, but several files are
marked as unread; so, I usually run my script, change to another
folder, change back and mark all as read.

The script is entered as an action (syl-pack %f).

#!/bin/bash

# change the file name to a directory name
folder=`echo $1 | sed "s,/[0-9]*$,,"`
# now just the folder name
f1=`echo $folder | sed "s,^.*/Mail/,,"`
# pack it