[sylpheed:30368] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta4 released

Ricardo Mones ricardo.mones at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 23:40:25 JST 2006

El Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:00:17 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at highstream.net> escribió:

> Ricardo Mones <ricardo.mones at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Please check whether the tray icon is automatically hidden in the
> >> notification area (click '<<' button in that case).
> >
> >  That's disabled, I like to see all icons :-)
> >
> >  Anyway the problem has gone now, seems that after restarting the
> >system all works as expected (I hadn't tried that on Friday, but now
> >just switched on the computer again and all is fine again).
> >
> >  I hope that doesn't mean Sylpheed is moving into the group of apps
> >which require to reboot Windows after upgrading...
>
> It's not clear in what order you did things,

  Well, ok, to make it clear:
  - download beta4
  - install beta4 (requests to uninstall beta3 first)
  - start beta4 (from the installer itself)
  - miss notification icon
  - notice the app can be bring up by relaunching
  - try to minimize again, no way, still missing
  - end tests (I have to work at work, you know...)
  - work ends, shutdown the computer (weekend yay!)
  - switch on the computer (Monday again :-S)
  - start sylpheed
  - icon is there, mail the list...

> but are you aware there's a well-known Notification Area bug in XP?
> It's common for items to switch view status without user action.
> While it doesn't take a restart to fix, you won't know that the
> reestablished status has really held without one.

  I wasn't aware of any notification area bug, but doesn't surprise me.

  Anyway this behaviour of Sylpheed didn't happened not in the beta1 ->
beta2 neither in the beta2 -> beta3, hence my report.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~