[sylpheed:30636] Re: printing does not work (2.3.0)

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Thu Dec 28 06:23:09 JST 2006

Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > 1st thing:
> > ‎tried the new printing stuff in 2.3.0 but when I click "Print" in the
> > new printing dialog, nothing happens on the printers side. I can say for
> > sure that "lpr" works w/o problems on printing stuff from STDIN.
> > When I put placing "cat > /tmp/log" into the command box instead of
> > "lpr", a errorbox saying "Broken pipe" appears. So nothing was sent via
> > STDIN to cat. Why no STDIN?
>
> still not fixed.... and no idea how

This is interesting. When I exit sylpheed, the printing starts (only
after my patch was applied, otherwise the PS file is broken). I wonder
why I've to close sylpheed before the printing starts. This is somewhat
broken. I expect that the printing happens when I press the "Print"
button within the print dialog, and not after I've closed sylpheed.... Am
I the only one printing with LPR and experiencing this problem?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/