[sylpheed:30620] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0 released

Andre Costa andre.ocosta at terra.com.br
Sun Dec 24 02:44:42 JST 2006

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:04:05 +0100
Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Okay,
>
> that new SSL certification dialog is nifty .. yet, how do I get rid of
> it? Two of my mailboxes do not have SSL certificates that are entirely
> valid (self signed or signed by non-official issuers) yet I choose to
> trust them (since I know either of the issuers personally). But
> sylpheed does not save my choice; it rather asks for a validation
> every time I'm checking my accounts.
>
> Is there a way around this? Maybe I'm even doing something wrong
> concerning my local setup? Any pointers or HOWTOs? Or does this have
> to be fixed/implented upstream?
>
> Thank you for your work Hiroyuki. Magnificant work. As usual.

I second Moritz on the self-signed certificate issue, I also have to use
a self-signed mail service, and this forces me to accept their
certificate every time I check their email for the 1st time after
staring a session. It would be nice if we could have an option of
keeping this setting somehow (unless this has changed on 2.3.0 final,
which I just downloaded).

I also second him on thanking Hiroyuki for such a nice mail client.
Nice Christmas gift =)

Merry Christmas to everyone,

Andre

--