[sylpheed:30586] Re: Address management wish list

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Sat Dec 16 05:08:01 JST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:38:00 -0500, Bruce Bowler wrote:

> One thing that has ALWAYS (since 1.x days) bugged me about Sylpheed's
> address book [...] is the interaction between the field in the address
> book called "nick name" and the one called "display name".

Hm, interesting. My preferred e-mail client, PMMail, has this option
(there the nick name is called Alias), which annoyed me from the
beginning :) Perhaps due to bad implementation, because in PMMail
the Alias is the only keyword that can perform autocompletion in the
address field (not the real name or e-mail address), so I have to
specify an Alias for each entry even if I don't want to.

I didn't imagine that other user will wish this feature :)

Cristi