[sylpheed:30522] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta6 released

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Thu Dec 7 23:58:07 JST 2006

Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Sylpheed 2.3.0beta6 (development) has been released.
>
>    * The new printing function was implemented.
>          o Each page is now rendered by the Cairo graphic engine.
>          o The native print dialog is used.
>          o Page number is printed for each page.
>          o The option "Use external program for printing" was added.
>          o The printing of MIME part was implemented.

Hiro, thanks for working on the Print function.  The printout is
definitely more readable now.  I would say, though, that layout has
gone from being scrunched together to fairly big print with lots of
space between the characters and lines, lots of the page used, as if
it's a screen shot of what I see with New Courier 12 in the display
settings (arial in the headers, serif font in the body).  From using
one-half a tree to using two, so to speak ;-). Where does the Cairo
engine get its font and layout settings? I'm wondering if there's a
happy medium or more flexibility possible.  Thanks.

Gene