[sylpheed:30472] Re: When use "Update summary"/"Strict checking of... summary caches" ?

Daniel Déchelotte boite_a_spam at club-internet.fr
Fri Dec 1 22:18:50 JST 2006

Don Koch a écrit :

> I use a script that runs nmh's "folder -pack" and then deletes
> the .sylpheed_cache file.  Upon re-entry to that folder (you don't
> need to quit sylpheed), it will recreate the file, but several files
> are marked as unread; so, I usually run my script, change to another
> folder, change back and mark all as read.

Did you set "enable strick checking of the integrity of summary caches"?

> The script is entered as an action (syl-pack %f).
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> # change the file name to a directory name
> folder=`echo $1 | sed "s,/[0-9]*$,,"`

May I recommend:
folder=$(dirname "$1")

> # now just the folder name
> f1=`echo $folder | sed "s,^.*/Mail/,,"`

and:
f1=${folder/*Mail\/}
;-)

> # pack it
> folder +${f1} -pack
> rm $folder/.sylpheed_cache

It looks like removing .sylpheed_cache prompts sylpheed to update its
summary, without having to go to throw "View"->"Update summary".
I am wondering, maybe .sylpheed_mark should be deleted as well?

Thanks !
-- Daniel