[pgpool-hackers: 2952] Time to remove replication_mode ?

Jesper Pedersen jesper.pedersen at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 03:37:44 JST 2018

Hi,

I know this is controversial, but is it time to remove replication_mode
and friends from pgpool ?

master_slave_mode has been around for a while, and by removing
replication_mode from the configuration it will force people to setup
streaming or logical replication instead.

This will hopefully lead to fewer data corruption cases, since all
community supported PostgreSQL versions has streaming replication now.

I would be willing to write a patch for this, or at least a patch that
let people know to look at master_slave_mode instead.

This is of course for pgpool-4.

Feedback most welcome.

Best regards,
  Jesper