[pgpool-hackers: 669] building pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Nov 19 17:58:36 JST 2014

Hi,

I have cleaned up pgpool-II build system. It uses autotools but there
have been number of problems including:

1) unable to build on some platforms due to the version difference of
   autotools version.

2) obsolete coding in configure templates and lots of warnings while
   running autoconf.

I have fixed #2 and pushed into master branch. Also I'm trying to
solve #1 by using AM_MAINTAINER_MODE(disable). I know there are some
discussions on the directive. However at this moment this is the
easiest solution I can think of. So developers, for example, changing
pool_config.l must run configure with "--enable-maintainer-mode"
option.

Also developers who are going to modify configure.ac (yes, I have
renamed it from configure.in), must use exactly same platform: Ubuntu
14.04 LTS for now to avoid the version difference of autotools.

Above are stated in a file "README.build" on the top directory.