[pgpool-hackers: 582] Re: [pgpool-general: 2973] pcp_promote_node usecase?

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Jul 11 16:23:17 JST 2014

Hello,

Thanks for yor information!

Ok, pcp_promote_node is used with other cluster software and
DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER. Failover is not managed by pgpool-II
but pcp_promote_node is used for fencing the old master,
since this can detach nodes even when DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER is used.

In this case, is follow_master command used or not and how if used?

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>