[pgpool-hackers: 244] Re: Ideas for code cleanup

Bruce Momjian bruce at momjian.us
Tue May 21 11:54:11 JST 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 06:19:39PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> >> It seems doc improvements can be applied to pgpool master
> >> repository. If so, please post patch when you are ready.
> >
> > Documentation and code patches attached.
>
> I have applied your changes to master and v3.2-stable. Thanks.
> I also applied some of your code patches to master.

Thanks much.  Great to hear!

> I have a question: you replaced strcmp to strlen in your patches.
> Why do you prefer strlen over strcmp?

Well, I thought testing for a zero-length was clearer than comparing to
"".  Another approach is to test if [0] == '\0'.  I had just never seen
the "" comparison before, and it looked odd.  I think we should just
pick a method and use it consistently, probably based on how the
Postgres does it.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce at momjian.us>        http://momjian.us