[pgpool-general: 2082] Re: Suggestion about two datacenters connected through WAN

Mistina Michal Michal.Mistina at virte.sk
Wed Aug 28 21:53:39 JST 2013

Hi Tatsuo.

> One thing you might want to use for this is, "trusted_servers". Usually
you register router IPs you trust (pgpool should be able to reach the
router) for this. In the split brain case, if pgpool in TC1 or TC2 finds
that it cannot reach the IP anymore, it sucides to avoid going the split
brain.

I will definetely try trusted_servers option.

It's working now. I tested easy fail-over to the secondary technical center
(TC2). However I have found out I need to set health_check_period. If I
leave it disabled (0) the pgpool does not know the PostgreSQL master is
down. Is this correct behaviour? I couldn't find it in the manual pages. I
thought only sr_check_period should be enabled for successful failure
detection.

I'm using pgpool-II 3.3.0.

Best regards,
Michal Mistina