[sylpheed:36716] Re: some noob questions

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Wed May 23 03:10:52 JST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 13:52:18 +0200 system fail <team at cacn.de> wrote:

> after start up sylpheed i get the msg for Updates of Sylpheed. Can i
> upgrade maunaly? or must i wait for the Maintainer of my Disto?

Yes, you can. You can download the source code from Hiro's website and
compile it yourself.

> Another question: after setup from a mail account i have a *alias* of
> this mailaccount. How can i set up the Alias for one mailaccount?
>
> Sorry, i have read this first:
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/doc/faq/en/sylpheed-faq-2.html But, i don't
> find any "alias" setup help.

It depends upon what you mean by "alias". What do you mean?

I have aliases set up with my ISP and use filters to separate the emails
addressed to the various aliases. They are picked up by my default
account from my ISP and would normally end up in the default mailbox.
With filters, they are separated into mailboxes for each alias.

Craig