No subject

Sat Nov 16 19:48:32 JST 2013

google send me informations about Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server. I've
checked in Sylpheed account configuration, and they seem to be the same.
But, one thing makes me feel upset "If your client does not support SMTP
authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using
your Gmail address". I don't know if Sylpheed support SMTP
authentification, and I don't success to find this information in Sylpheed
website. I don't know exactly what SMTP is, but thanks to Wikipedia, I
think that Sylpheed should support this, doesn't ?

Some minutes after, I've receveid mail from Google which inform me than
someone try to connect with my google account (and knows my password !). In
fact, Google suggest me that if it was me, I should use a Gmail
application. But, if I don't want to, it will be riskfull because I won't
have the newest security ! (Google tries to fear me !).
I show you what Google told me after trying to accept this.

Google may block sign in attempts from some apps or devices that do not use
modern security standards. Since these apps and devices are easier to break
into, blocking them helps keep your account safer.
Some examples of apps that do not support the latest security standards
include:

The Mail app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 6 or below
The Mail app on your Windows phone preceding the 8.1 release
Some Desktop mail clients like Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird

Access your account

To help keep your account secure, we may block these less secure apps  from
accessing your account, and you=E2=80=99ll see a =E2=80=9CPassword incorrec=
t=E2=80=9D  error when
trying to sign in. If this is the case, you have two options:

Upgrade to a more secure app that uses the most up to date security
 measures. All Google products, like Gmail, use the latest security
 measures.
Go to Allow less secure apps  and choose =E2=80=9CAllow=E2=80=9D to let les=
s secure apps
access your Google account.  We don't recommend this option because it may
make it easier for someone  to gain access to your account.

If you=E2=80=99re still having issues accessing your account after trying t=
he
options above, see other reasons you might receive the "password incorrect"
error.

I ask you if this message can be trusted. There is a true lack of security
if I use desktop mail client or it is just an attempt to fear me ?

Thank you so much for you help.