[sylpheed:35875] Re: Configure account in /etc/skel

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Wed Nov 13 13:22:24 JST 2013

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:35:34 +0100 Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just discovered Sylpheed and I want to test the deployment in our
> company. I have tested the program in my local machine, and now I want
> to make all users have configured its account automatically. I have
> seen that Sylpheed stores its configuration some "rc"s files, but I
> haven't found any documentation about the fields there. What I need is
> to configure the accounts (full name, email address, incoming/outgoing
> mail servers, security, signature, etc.), the global LDAP address book,
> and some aspects of the UI. Where can I search documentation about the
> variables in those files? Do I need to define all fields that I
> currently have in my computer, or just the non-defaults? What I want is
> to put the files in /etc/skel so when the user first logins in the
> computer gets Sylpheed autoconfigured.

/etc/skel is a good idea.

Set up Sylpheed for a user and then use .sylpheed-2.0/accountrc as a
template, changing user-specific items such as account_name with
something unique like "<User_Name>".

When setting up a new user, use a shell script to replace "<User_Name>"
and other unique strings with the appropriate data (sed will do the job)
and put the modified file in the correct place for the user.

Craig