[sylpheed:35321] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.2beta9 released

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu Jun 21 11:16:21 JST 2012

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:29:21 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:01:29 -0600 Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net>
> wrote:
>
> > When I compiled the beta source, I kept the binary of Sylpheed 3.1.4.
> > After running Sylpheed 3.2.0beta9, I tried running Sylpheed 3.1.4 and
> > got the following error message:
> >
> > $ sylpheed
> > sylpheed: Symbol `prefs_common' has different size in shared object,
> > consider re-linking Segmentation fault
> >
> > I presume I will have to clear out my .sylpheed-2.0 directory and try
> > again.
>
> I `su -` to my wife's account and tried running and got the same message.
> Apparently there are some runtime-loaded libraries that are different
> between the two versions. I re-compiled and re-installed 3.1.4 and it
> works properly now.

The following libraries must be linked properly:

${prefix}/lib/libsylph-0.so.1.x.x
${prefix}/lib/libsylpheed-plugin-0.so.1.x.x

> Is there any chance of having a choice between the two interfaces by
> clicking a box in the "Common preferences..." window?

I have added an option 'show_attach_tab' in sylpheedrc.
Enable this setting to revert the attachment interface to the previous one.
There is no UI for this setting yet, because of string freeze state.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>