[sylpheed:35281] Re: Threads

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Thu Jun 7 05:14:21 JST 2012

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 21:05:12 +0200
Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen at web.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have some messages with not imaging inside the Thread. Is there a chance
> to take it in thread?

You can edit the message (here I have Tools->Actions->Edit Message) and
add the appropriate headers (In-Reply-To and References) to make it
appear as a reply to some other message you have the Message-Id of.

If you don't have such action you can add it from the
Configuration->Actions menu, the one I called "Edit Message"
runs "gvim -f %F".

I use this to fix replies from people using dumb webmail systems.

> Is there a way that all message from one year without Thread to delete?

You can filter them by header, I guess, if a message does not have the
headers In-Reply-To or References it is either the first in a
conversation or it can be considered a non-threaded reply, you may need
to find a way to differentiate the two, maybe looking at the Subject
header, some email clients prepend something like R: or Re: on replies;
anyhow look on the web more info.

Regards,
   Antonio

--