[sylpheed:35112] Re: change sort order in all folders?

Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski cade at datamax.bg
Sat Feb 18 09:39:47 JST 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:35:16 -0700
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:14:29 +0900 Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:09:43 +0200
> > Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski <cade at datamax.bg> wrote:
> >
> > > is it possible to change the sort order in all folders?
> > > I'm about to edit folderlist.xml (and as I'm writing this
> > > it doesn't seem bad idea :)) but is there other way?
> >
> > The sort order of folder tree is hard-coded, and cannot be changed.
> > The order in folderlist.xml doesn't correspond to the display order too.
>
> Hiro,
>
> I think he means the sort order of each individual folder (check mark,
> reading status, attachment, Subject, From, Date, Size) not the order in
> which the folders are presented in the folder tree.
>
> I would find that feature helpful, too. When I transfer a mail folder
> that has many folders in it between two different machines via
> sneaker-net, it would be nice to be able to set the sort order of all the
> contained folders to Date without having to go through and set each one
> individually.

correct, sort order IN folders, I prefer to be by number/descending.
quick ('n dirty) way is to replace

  />

with

  sort_key="number" sort_type="descending" />

folderlist.xml

this overrides previous attributes and sylpheed rewrites correct folderlist.xml
on next run.

but doesnt work for nested folders in use (those not ending with "/>" :))

anyway, option for kind of "default" order for all would be great!

thanks!

--
Vladi Belperchinov-Shabanski
Engineering Lead, ePay.bg Ltd.