[sylpheed:34270] Re: Dynamic signatures

Per Danielsson pd at sics.se
Fri Oct 22 19:42:23 JST 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:12:46 +0400
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> The "/\" escaping is the only one that works for  me
> on Windows XP.

It works because it evaluates to the same string as the string without
the backslashses. Backslash is a quote character that specifies that
the character following the backslash should not be interpreted as a
special character (e.g. " or \). Since letters (in your case p and s) do
not need quoting nothing will be done (except removing the \).

So
D:/\pascal/\sig/\sig.exe
is the same as
D:/pascal/sig/sig.exe

The backslashes are completely unnecessary in this case.

> I have attached the two programs together with their
> sources

The attachments did not make it here. Did anyone else on the list
receive them?

Cheers,
PD
Per Danielsson                          pd at sics.se
Swedish Institute of Computer Science, PO Box 1263, SE-164 29 KISTA, SWEDEN
N59.24.20, E17.56.53                    "Why not? Yeah."