[sylpheed:33375] Stuck again - Sylpheed for OpenSuse 11.1?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Nov 30 13:49:26 JST 2009

I started with OpenSuse 11.2 the other day, and had no problem
installing Sylpheed 2.7.1 from the default repos. I did have an issue
getting it to see the ~/.sylpheed-2.0 folder that a copied from my old
distro, but I got that sorted finally.

Due to bugs in Gnome 2.8.0 I have wiped out OpenSuse 11.2 and installed
11.1. Gnome is working much better, but the repos do not list Sylpheed.
I found a web page explaining how to install it. I installed it
according to the instructions on the web page, but when I try to launch
it from the Gnome Applications menu nothing happens. From the command
line I get:

jjj@/home/jjj$ sylpheed
Segmentation fault

I have OpenSuse x86_64 and I know I installed the 64-bit RPM. The
filename is sylpheed-2.7.1-19.1x86_64.rpm.

I am sending this from a different computer. I hope someone can help
because I have no e-mail on my main computer until I get Sylpheed
working again.