[sylpheed:33317] Re: Feature Idea

Michael Ross michael.ross at gmx.net
Sat Nov 14 07:15:51 JST 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 21:26:26 +0100
Simon Effenberg <savar at schuldeigen.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:15:59 +0100
> Michael Ross <michael.ross at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > here's a thought that crossed my mind:
> >
> > A optional folder property, "trash read messages as soon as this folder
> > looses focus".
> >
> > So I could look into my spam folder, move out what's misplaced, mark all
> > read per folder-context menu, and be done.
> > This would save frequent select-all+delete sequences.
> >

> > Michael
> >

> Wow.. that's only
> CTRL+a  DEL
> .. but ok maybe it could save time..

I thought another second why I would possibly imagine such a
functionality, result:
My email usage is very heavily read-bound, to 90% or more.
In a lot of my sessions I do not write anything at all, and most of the
time emptying the spam folder is the only action I use the keyboard for
at all, plus if I worked mouse-only for a while, this requires
a shift in body position. Presumably that's why this got in my way.

But seriously, a "select all" option in the message list pane's context
menu would be great.
I see it is in the Menu, but all possible actions you might
want to perform afterwards are sort of halfway across the screen -- so
far away I just forgot about the option until now.