[sylpheed:32031] Re: Alert when receiving new mail?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Jan 16 17:10:46 JST 2008

Hello Michael,

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:00:57 -0500 "Michael B Allen" <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the best way to alert me when new mail is
> received. I tried the 'Execute command when new messages arrived'
> option but it executes every time new mail is checked. I assume this
> is because of spam. Is there a way to restrict the command to a
> specific folder or based on some criteria?

You can call a script for this, it could make use of sylpheed's
--status or --status-full [folder] (see --help) to watch a specific
folder and only raise an alert (sound, OSD, dialog, whatever) upon new
messages.

> I also tried to create a filter but I could never get the script to execute.

Show us the filter rule? And the script? But you'd better use the
"Execute command when new messages arrived" hook that is invoked once
per retrieval, instead of a filter rule that is called once per
retrieved email.

Regards,

--
wwp