[sylpheed:32063] Re: multiple MUAs

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Sat Feb 2 06:00:57 JST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:05:51 -0200
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:00:25 +0100
> Ervin Peters <ervin.peters at ervnet.de> wrote:
>
> > I'm using an IMAP Server, and severall IMAP Clinents on differnt
> > machinens. works fine.
>
> Me too, but then IMAP takes care of the concurrency.  What about
> multiple MUAs on the same (mail-storing) machine?
>

> --
Hi Ricardo,
if you don't setup your own imap-server on your own PC you will run into problems with the mailbox format. When I played araound with various MUA, it was always a PITA to convert from one mail storage system like mbox to another like maildir.  If you don't use LDAP, addressbooks ar eusually not the same format for the various MUAs.

Cheers,
Klaus