[sylpheed:32541] Re: Rendered HTML messages

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 16:23:14 JST 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 00:03:34 +0100
Godwin Stewart <gstewart at bonivet.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 00:12:34 +0200, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to view rendered HTML e-mails possibly by a plugin?
> > And is it possible to let sylpheed prefer the HTML part of multipart
> > messages?
>
> Sylpheed does not render HTML other than stripping tags (and I hope it
> never does). You can, however, use an action to pass a selected HTML part
> to the browser of your choice for displaying.

Claws Mail will also render HTML as text by stripping the tags, but in
addition it has HTML rendering plugins which enable you to view the
rendered HTML within Claws Mail itself. The plugins do not load remote
remote images by default, so they are safer than simply passing the HTML
part to the browser.

best regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune