[sylpheed:31160] Re: issues on drag and drop, pgp-sign and nntp-support

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Thu Apr 19 01:27:06 JST 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:16:22 +0200, sopra-it at gmx.net wrote:

> - Drag And Drop of text in the compose window never worked for me
> (I'm using sylpheed since some years now...). I can select text, drag
> it, but it always returns to its original position as soon as I drop
> it. Can this be due to misconfiguration of my system? Or might this
> be a bug?

Perhaps a GTK thing ? On Win32 it happens the same.

> - In nntp-postings, attachments from Outlook-users are not recogized
> by sylpheed. What is supposed to be displayed as attachment is
> displayed as ASCII text in the message window and starts with for
> example " begin 666 file.zip [...]". I have to use an action to
> uu-decode the attachment. Is there a chance that sylpheed supports
> these kind of attachments?

As you noticed, Outlook Express (don't know about Outlook) defaults the
nntp message encodig to UUEncode. Probably the only ways to solve this
is either to implement UUDecoding in Sylpheed, (I doubt it, since this
is an ancient thing), or try to convince the sender to configure OE to
use MIME as default encoding for nntp (like for e-mail), or use an
external UUDecode application.

Cristi