[sylpheed:30070] Re: App hangs while getting mails

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Mon Sep 25 15:59:46 JST 2006

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:21:29 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> This is by far my biggest complaint about sylpheed -- that other
> interactions are frozen while retrieving email and scanning folders
> for new email.

This is partially true also when retrieving from POP server (it frozes
during sever interogation), but especially true when sending an e-mail
(SNMP).
During sending, the application (Sylpheed) becomes locked. If I
am sending message(s) with (long) attachment(s), I have to do other
activities and forget about Sylpheed.

Cristi