[sylpheed:37193] email timeS

k0 at trixtar.org k0 at trixtar.org
Tue Jul 11 10:19:51 JST 2023

I'm having problems sorting the printed copies of and entire and large 2-way exchange. As far as I can tell every email is sorted in Sylpheed according to GMT (which is perfect) but the printed copies of mails _received show GMT_ time while the printed copies of _mails I sent show (my) EDT with the "-400"_ addendum. Sorting the piles of pages is a PITA.

Ideally GMT and both local times should be shown AND printed ALL the time (just an idea, only GMT at all times for all mails is OK by me). For example, a message sent from gmt -400 to gmt +100 at 13:00 GMT would show

1300gmt Tx:1400(+100) Rx:0900(-400)

which would tell me that the message was SENT at 1300gmt at local 1400 in +100 and RECEIVED at (my) local 0900 in -400.

any comments?