[sylpheed:37099] Re: Gmail question

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:48:38 JST 2022

c. marlow:

> I  am new to Sylpheed... I am a " CLAWS REFUGEE" as of
> right now, because I can't  get  Claws  to  work  with
> OAUTH after doing all of the steps correctly.

And  Sylpheed does not support OAUTH at all, as far as I
know, and as of May the 30th will no  longer  work  with
Gmail, thank to Google's totalitarism.

> I  have  to  say  Sylpheed  is "DIFFERENT".  The whole
> reading emails under the reading pane is different  vs
> opening  each  email  individually  like  you would in
> Claws or Evolution or TB.

I did not know those other client required that one open
each  e-mail in a separate window.  The approach adopted
by Sylpheed, and used in the majority of  classic  news-
readers,  seems to me ligher and righer, especially when
using the navigation keys instead of the mouse.

> And there's a lot of steps to go  through  to  open  a
> HTML email in my browser.

In  my  case  it is a matter of double-clicking upon the
HTML attachment, but HTML has no place in e-mail to  be-
gin with.  Plain text forever!

https://web.archive.org/web/20130504031156/http://www.asciiribbon.org/