[sylpheed:37011] Re: Is the Sylpheed project dead? (was: Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Server maintenance (2020/11/26))

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 23:54:20 JST 2021

I certainly think that this is worthwhile. Otherwise, I guess users could switch to claws-mail but that has become a beast. I think something nimbler such as sylpheed might still be desirable. At the same time, there is need for additional development, for instance, receiving/sending email via oauth2 and MFA which claws-mail seems to have now included as per their Changelog. Besides, distributions will start dropping sylpheed in the absence of support and development though it is not completely clear that that is the case here.

Btw, it may be possible to pull the source code from some distribution such as fedora if this is not available. Of course, we would not the developmental code from the SVN server if such did exist.

Thanks again!