[sylpheed:37038] Re: Sylpheed project

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 21:48:22 JST 2021

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:20:28 +0100
"1.anonimo.italiano at gmail.com" <1.anonimo.italiano at gmail.com> wrote:

> (this is an asymmetric email, beware to reply-to address)
>
> Hi Celejar,
> Hi mailing list,
>
> Apologizes for the long delay, ... starting an IT company ... time is not my best friend.
>

> Yes I can explain : Polyfill / Phorming / Web Browsers "free from".
>

> ---
> Hereafter ... many simplisms and short-cuts ... for the sack of brevity, but how brevity could be possible with a matter such technique moral and ethic ? Trying my best.

Thank you for the long and detailed explanation, but I'm afraid that I
have very little understanding of what you're trying to say. Insofar as
you're trying to convince others of your point of view, you are going
to have to be much clearer.

> For a start, this is not a claim/complaint.
>
> Second, this is not a M$ plugin (nor sort of).

You're the one who called it a "Microsoft ... plug," by which I assumed
you meant plugin:

> Git-Hub is under M$ dominion.
>
> > While everyone may access Git-hub in read / download mode, access in
> > registered mode, does demand to use a Browser that include some code
> > from M$, or to add-install it in the Browser.
>
> > Without this code, there is no way to register in Git-hub and thus no
> > mailing list, no bug report, etc ...
>
> > [explaining it here is way out of scope],
>
> > This do not appear as problem to most of us because most browser have
> > that plug already installed by default !
>
> > Happily, a few other browsers do not have it.

> Sylpheed is born on the free side, where do we want to bring it then, on Github ?

Again, you're obviously free to believe whatever you want and act in
accordance with your beliefs, but if you want to persuade others,
you'll need to be a good deal clearer.

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 15:39:04 -0400
> Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you please explain your claim that accessing Github via a browser
> > requires some sort of Microsoft plugin? I access Github fine via
> > Firefox on Debian, and I don't see any such plugin installed, default or
> > otherwise. Is this Microsoft code open or closed source?
> >
> > Celejar

Celejar