[sylpheed:37057] Re: Replying to Mailing lists

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 04:40:23 JST 2021

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 12:14:57 -0700
Duke Normandin <dukeofpurl at gmx.com> wrote:

> Sylpheed user here!
>
> Is there a way to tell Sylpheed to use a particular From: address
> for a particular mailing list?  TIA ...

I think this gets asked every now and then. I'm not an expert, but one
way to get something like what you want is to use a filter to have the
list mail go to a specific folder, associate the folder with a specific
Sylpheed account, and check "Automatically select account for replies".

>From the manual:

"If Automatically select account(...) is set, the account used when
replying to a message is automatically selected based on the folder the
original message is in (as you where already told, accounts can be
attached to folders)."

http://sylpheeddoc.sourceforge.net/en/manual/manual-8.html

Celejar