[sylpheed:37003] TXT part unfortunately missing in URL conversation when used in TXT only

1.anonimo.italiano at gmail.com 1.anonimo.italiano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:55:53 JST 2021

sylpheed at sraoss.jp

Hello
I just come across this morning an interesting situation.
I do not use HTML in email (or exclusively in attachment).

Version 3.7.0 (Build 1185)
GTK+ 2.24.32 / GLib 2.64.6
Operating System: Linux 5.4.0-73-generic (x86_64)

in a mailing-list of another project I have received this post :
quote-start
[...]
it says
"Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2020.3/FlightGear-2020.3.8.dmg/download" instead of
"Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2020.3/FlightGear-2020.3.8.dmg/download."
[...]
quote-end
Yes, both lines looks and are identical.

At the later reply by another user I had this :
quote-start
> [...] it says
"Download FlightGear 2020.3.6 for macOS <https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2020.3/FlightGear-2020.3.8.dmg/download>" instead of
"Download FlightGear 2020.3.8 for macOS <https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2020.3/FlightGear-2020.3.8.dmg/download>.”
Oh good catch, I’ll fix it.

quote-end

It did become obvious the TXT/LABEL part of the <a> field was missing in the first one (2020.3.6) while the url ref are identical

Since the second user reply to the mailing list in text mode (not HTML) it does become clear his mail client do not strip off the TXT/LABEL of the <a> field.

I reviewed twice all Sylpheed options 1 by 1 and did not found any way to fix this.

Did I have missed an option (in which case I would apologize for unwanted noise)

Or is this indeed a "miss" in Sylpheed ?

Any how thank you very much for your amazing software.

--
Kind Regards
Lo