[sylpheed:36963] Yahoo since 20 of October 2020 and Sylpheed

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Sun Oct 4 00:39:34 JST 2020

Hi,

it was just mentioned to the list a few weeks ago, but finally, for
those who use it, Yahoo is telling that will switch to per app
password.

Ok, that won't be a big deal, but in the notification they also said,
even in help pages isn't said the same, that passwords will be
temporary in a per session basis.

Or, in other words, from what I understand, every time we check mail,
we will need a new app password.

For me that would be a madness and stop using Yahoo, as I have to
manage several accounts and that will take about a couple of hours
daily. Not kidding.

And here no one has said anything, but Sylpheed is not prepared for
the alternative, that would be using Oauth one-time-password request.

Or maybe I'm the only one that misunderstands that "passwords per
session" option.

By now, I already have created app passwords and they don't expire,
but I don't know what would happen from 20 of October.

For those who have received the notification mails, how do you
understand it?

Will you change your provider?

What providers are out there that DON'T REQUEST A MOBILE PHONE
NUMBER, have IMAP or POP access and it is... realiable?

There should be a service and/or option, if spammers signup a lot of
accounts daily on some services.

I thought GMX would be an option, but after a long mailing they use
several (misconfigured in my opinion) blacklists and it is almost
impossible to reach the registration page as the servers just replies
with an error page.

Regards.