[sylpheed:36989] Re: Compile under mint 19.3

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Thu Nov 5 00:17:09 JST 2020

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 15:32:10 +0100
Frank Elsner <frank.elsner at mailbox.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 09:40:06 +0100 Antonio Ospite wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 03:59:33 +0100
> > Frank Elsner <frank.elsner at mailbox.org> wrote:
> >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > because Linux Mint 19.3 comes with sylpheed version 3.5.1 I decided to compile
> > > version 3.7.0 I'm used to by myself. I ran into the following problem:
> > >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > What packages are missing from my system? I'm very new to Debian based Linux.
> > >
> > > Any help welcome-
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > You can install the build-dependencies of the sylpheed packages with
> > this command:
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get build-dep sylpheed sylpheed-plugins
>
> Thanks. But my fresh install seems to need more tuning
>
> | # apt-get build-dep sylpheed sylpheed-plugins
> | Reading package lists... Done
> | E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
>
> Can you help me out?

Ah, I forgot that source repositories are not enable by default.

You would have to edit /etc/apt/sources.list (or files under
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/) and add `deb-src` entries for the `deb`
entries you have, see also:
https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList#sources.list_format

And then update with "sudo apt-get update".

There are probably ways to enable "source" repositories from a
graphical package managers but I am not familiar with those.

Just to clarify, all this is just to be able to use "apt-get build-dep"
it's not immediately related to building sylpheed itself, but "apt-get
build-dep" is the handiest way I know to get the build deps for
sylpheed.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--