[sylpheed:36881] Re: How to change the color of background and panes of sylpheed?

Ranjan Maitra maitra at gmx.com
Mon Mar 23 07:47:19 JST 2020

It appears that what you are saying here is accurate but I wonder if there is a bug here. Specifically, if you look the source code in src/main.c, I see the following function defined:

static void parse_gtkrc_files(void)
{
	gchar *userrc;

	/* parse gtkrc files */
	userrc = g_strconcat(get_home_dir(), G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, ".gtkrc-2.0",
			     NULL);
	gtk_rc_parse(userrc);
	g_free(userrc);
	userrc = g_strconcat(get_home_dir(), G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, ".gtk",
			     G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, "gtkrc-2.0", NULL);
	gtk_rc_parse(userrc);
	g_free(userrc);
	userrc = g_strconcat(get_rc_dir(), G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, "gtkrc", NULL);
	gtk_rc_parse(userrc);
	g_free(userrc);

	userrc = g_strconcat(get_rc_dir(), G_DIR_SEPARATOR_S, MENU_RC, NULL);
	gtk_accel_map_load(userrc);
	g_free(userrc);
}

which is called in main(void) as follows on Line 256 of main.c:

parse_gtkrc_files();

However, it appears that nothing happens when you modify this file so I wonder if there is some omission or bug or something else has to be done to make it work?

Perhaps someone else may have an answer.

Many thanks,
Ranjan