[sylpheed:36919] Re: Cert expired again?

Rich Coe rcoe at wi.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 05:11:20 JST 2020

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 11:04:25 -0400
Mike Hogg <me at themikehogg.com> wrote:
> > You can also verify your cert with
> >     openssl verify -verbose -CApath /etc/ssl/certs  your-cert.pem
> I am just connecting to my IMAP server like usual over SSL and getting a dialog that says certificate is expired, with buttons available to me- Temporarily Accept or Reject.  But the details of the certificate for my IMAP server are in the dialog, including the expiration date, and that is not set to expire yet for another six months.
>
> This sylpheed client has been used for years with no configuration changes except that I just updated from 3.6 to 3.7 before trying the new cert file as a result of this issue but that also did not change anything. My other email clients are continuing to connect to this IMAP server without issue of course.
>
> Does anyone know what else I can try?

If the details offer a way to save the cert to a file, save it.  Otherwise,
we'll have to find the instructions to download the cert from the server.

Then run:
>     openssl verify -verbose -CApath /etc/ssl/certs  your-cert.pem

To see which cert in the certificate chain is expired.

Your OS and version may help.  Perhaps there's a cert update that needs to
be installed.

Rich