[sylpheed:36916] Re: Cert expired again?

Rich Coe rcoe at wi.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 04:52:44 JST 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:14:51 -0400
Mike Hogg <me at themikehogg.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am getting a "certificate expired" message although my final cert
> in the chain is not expired.  I found that there was a new certs.crt file
> from February of this year, but that does not change the error for me.

It might help if you describe the action you are performing so we can
understand under which context the cert is being evaluated.

You can also verify your cert with
    openssl verify -verbose -CApath /etc/ssl/certs  your-cert.pem

[ /etc/ssl/certs may be on a different place on your system ].

Did your issue start after May 30th?

Rich