[sylpheed:36943] Re: gmail auth problem

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Wed Aug 5 03:10:24 JST 2020

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 20:23:49 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> So do Google.  Do you know how their "App passwords" work?
>
>   https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Hi,

weren't we talking about no other options than OAuth?

If no options, no App passwords. Even though this could only
apply to G.Suite.

But, no, I didn't know. I gave a quick read on that article yesterday
night but didn't remember before post to the list earlier or that it
was applying to stand alone Gmail.

Thanks to bring it to the list.

> and whether they can be used with Sylpheed?

No one said the opposite. Indeed I was saying the Yahoo App passwords
allowed traditional clients to access...

I have to admit that your reply made me quite confused and somehow
attacked :-?

If my previous post was inappropriate, I apologize.

Regards.