[sylpheed:36810] IMAP folders with only numbers

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 7 00:31:24 JST 2019

Moin,

I just stumbled over a nice bug in sylpheed.
If there is an IMAP folder with only numbers in it, sylpheed will be
happily work with it, as long as it's IMAP operations only (move mails
to and from it, etc), but as soon as it needs to download any mail, it
will fail with "cannot download mail." My guess is that sylpheed tried
to create a local directory in the imapcache, but run into the issue
that there was already a file in there, from a mail with that number
assigned. I guess that, in the imapcache, directories with only numbers
should be escaped or otherwise treated specially.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson